RFL Library Trustee Offices
– Set agenda with Librarian
– Facilitate meeting
– Ensure compliance with laws and policies and strategic plan
– Provide support to librarian as needed.
– Ensure that trustees feel engaged and useful.
– Breaks a tie
2. Treasurer (re-designed)
– sign off on bills at Library Directors request.
– reports to Board twice a year on discretionary money available through RFLD inc. and Friends.
– Keep track of any funds Trustees bring in for RFLD inc.
– Serve on RFLD board.
– Informs Chair of financial issues that need to be on the Agenda
– Take notes at meetings and disseminate.
– Review minutes of previous meeting. Make sure notes get approved and posted online.
– Handle correspondence Trustee correspondence.
4. PR Coordinator (new)
– Marketing for trustee events.
– PR pieces for Times Inc./facebook/web page
– Posters, etc.
– Inform Chair of PR conversations that should be on Agenda
5. Building and Grounds Coordinator (new)
– Maintain list of necessary projects
– Inform Chair of issues that need to be on agenda/discussed.
– Assist Library Director with contacting contractors/getting quotes.
– Works with Chair to design Board Meeting Agenda
– Provides library update, data, information
– Informs conversation but does not vote.