Richmond Free Library Trustees Meeting
November 12, 2015
6-7:30pm, Richmond Free Library
Approve October Minutes
- Minutes approved
- On budget
- Retirement a bit high
– Courier Pilot Project
– Book courier system,
Contracting with Green Mtn Courier to p/u and drop book. State will underwrite 50%. Once a week for 6 months will be $339. Can also transport other items. Bins and mailing bags provided, GMC sorts. Will start in January.
– Ashgate grant award
– Wendy wrote grant to Ashgate grant, received $600 for “playaways”. Putting together list of children’s and YA books.
– Annual Appeal Letter
– Rebecca revised. Donation slip included.
– Have spreadsheet of grand list.
– R. requested of Janet Bonneau an estimate of 2000 letters, slips, envelopes.
– Raffle Basket Project
– Sarah’s project: Baskets of goodies geared to different themes. People will buy raffle tickets for baskets to be drawn 1 week before Christmas.
– Report on Library Staff Retreat
– Everybody had valuable contributions and ideas.
– Wide open input.
– People arrived prepared with questions and ideas.
– Many ideas about the reuse of space to enhance the library.
– Friends will send Rebecca to mid-Winter library conference.
Trustees (and staff) pushed for getting table and chairs for mezzanine.
Select board budget draft is as Trustees proposed.
Bill Approval/Payment Policy
- Back story
- Report on Kristen’s Meeting with Taylor
- Discussion of alternative bill approval policies
- Possible vote on bill approval/payment policy
- Finally agreed that postage bill can be paid.
- What process will we use to get bill’s approved and paid. Needs to be in formal policy?
- We need to clarify who owns what part of the building?
- Who should get the money from Community Room rental?
- Geoff is conferring with town lawyer.
Report on Trustee Conference
- Lots of Science, Technology presentations/activities in VT libraries
- Intellectual Freedom and access to free speech.
Holiday Fair involvement (if any)
- Yes, probably combined with Friends.
- Deciding on bill paying policy.
- Invite David
- Update on Friends meeting
- Priorities for 2016 – use staff retreat ideas
- Keith facilitate, Karen will take minutes.