Agenda – June 5
6-7:30 p.m. at Richmond Free Library
Treasurer’s Update (6-6:10 p.m.) — Keith
Library Director’s Report (6:10-6:20 p.m.) — Rebecca
July 4th Water Sale planning (6:20-6:35 p.m.) — Laurie
Renovation Follow Up & Planning (6:35-6:50 p.m.) — Karen
Slate Roof Repair & Grant Opportunity (6:50-6:55 p.m.) — Laurie
Library Director Performance Evaluation (6:55-7:15 p.m.) — Kristen
Other Business (7:15- )
RFL Minutes 6/5/14
Present: Laurie Dana – Facilitator, Keith Franz, Cammy Richelli, Karen Tufano, Rebecca Mueller (until time for Director’s evaluation conversation), Kristen Hayden-West – Scribe
1. Treasurer’s Report –
– no requested reports available yet
– only unexpected expense was sewer. $2866 for excavation and $175 for port-a-potty.
2. Rebecca’s Report – Sewer pipe was replaced between library and most of the way to the main which runs under the road. They were able to come the following Monday and it took about 6 hours of work.
-Sarah Dumas – coming mid-June. Will be library assistant. Museum and library experience. 16 hours/week. Can provide tech support for patrons and up-date webpage.
-Positive about summer program.
– Partnership with Our Community Cares Camp
– Reading Club
– Special Program
– Do we want to consider demo by Greensea
3. Fourth of July –
– Yes to water sale
– No to parade float.
– Make water sale tent more noticeable, banners, balloons
– Water sale planning meeting set for June 26 at 6.
– Discuss Renovation Bids
– Carpenter – good price, no references
– Bergeron – Good price, references strong .
– Deforge – much higher, rejected.
– Rebecca noted that the mezzanine outlets were on the closet, so we will need to rewire some outlets for the room.
– Need a sketch which needs to go for Labor and Industry review.
– Voted to choose Bergeron.
– Karen will ask him to call Rebecca and schedule a more detailed walk-through.
– Get Friends to vote on providing funds for this project. $12,595 + $5,000
5.- Laurie brought forth recommendation for slate repair – Ann Cummings recommended company in Marshfield – Headwaters Construction
– Someone may want to go to Library and public preservation retreat on June 16-17 at Grand Isle Lake House. $95 for single room.
6. Meeting goes into Executive Session to discuss Rebecca’s Annual Evaluation.