April 3, 2014
In Attendance: Cammy Richelli, Karen Tufano, Keith Franz, Rebecca Mueller and Kristen Hayden-West.
- Opening – Shared book or movie
- Approved March Minutes
- Library Director’s Report:
- Agreed to pay $300 more per year for a subscription of One-Click which will have more Digital Books.
- Rebecca’s next column will feature digital services. Under-utilized.
- Might need more than one column a month because there’s some
- Rebecca picked up 10 desktops, with windows 7, from credit union.
- Two iPads – experimenting how the library can best use them.
- Also have two Nooks. But they aren’t circulating. How do we get a security deposit. Ipad/Nook policy.
- Estimates for Renovations – presented by Karen Tufano
– Two contractors – See quotes. Work included:
- Remove the closet and put up see-through wall. Two windows would open and two would be fixed.
- Bare bones estimates.
- Cammy – Are we sure of the fire code?
- Rebecca – We would check with Labor and Industry.
- Keith – What about heating and ventilation if we close off the mezzanine?
- Closet has no structural purpose.
- Flooring would need to be replaced.
– Additional Questions and To Do’s:
- It would be good to get one more bid. Keith will have someone call Karen.
- Could we turn landing into a closet? To store folding tables/chairs?
- Can spare music room be used to collect books for book sale?
- Rebecca to find out from Labor and Industry what the approval procedure is.
- Space Reorganizer – Jane Agran.
- Rebecca is enthusiastic. Cammy will send her Rebecca’s way. Is there a way to re-organize the main floor and stacks.
- Tree Removal
- Tree Warden, Toby Buxton, has checked out the two maples. Will schedule a hearing. Also suggested removing the dying evergreens.
- New landscaping plan required.
- Friends of RFL and RFLD
- Ask Friends for money for renovation
- Need meeting to request formal merger of RFLD and Friends
- Friends’ money could go into Restricted fund
- We are currently using the RFLD id number for Friends bank account.
- Kristen – Ask Janet and Scott if they are interested in continuing on RFLD. Schedule RFLD meeting for May 8th after monthly Trustee Meeting.
- Money needs to be invested rather than sitting in non-interest bearing account..
- Helpful if the Friends organization became more formal.
- Put out annual appeal
- Change May meeting date to May 8th. 45 minutes trustees/1 hour for RFLD-Friends.
- Future Meetings Agenda Items:
- May – Financial report by Keith
- June meeting – evaluate Rebecca
Cammy – Facilitator
Laurie – Scribe
Karen – Building
Keith – Financials