Richmond Free Library Trustee Meeting Minutes
October 3, 2013
- Review minutes – need September minutes
- Review budget –
– Wendy’s position being rewritten – salary up.
– Increase in water and sewer
– Decrease in heat because natural gas was just connected
– Decreased Reserve by $8,000 from last year, so it looks like we have almost no increase.
– Remained the same
– Recommend a mold test every three years
– Slate roof will need some repair in 2014. Middlebury Slate are the only ones R. knows of.
– Wait on carpeting and front step repair until we decide about renovation.
The budget was approved.
- Do we want to go to the Farmer’s Market again? Only made $15.
- Discuss renovation/Space
– Rebecca will call Scott and Partners
– Kristen will re-contact Truex and ask about process. How concrete do we have to be to be useful?
– Think about money piece.
– Who has deep pockets in town?
– Will the town put up with another bond? Probably not.
– Specific funds for libraries.