Richmond Free Library Trustee Meeting
Richmond Free Library
April 4, 2013
- 6:00-6:10 – Everyone shared a new RFL task, role, emphasis they’d like to focus
on during the next year.
-Kristen-wants to work on SPACE!
-Karen- space concerns
-Cammy- wants to build a stronger bond with the Town officials
-Scott-Space plans need to be addressed and acted upon.
-Laurie- Space concerns too
-Rebecca- Wants to have the documentation of the notes over the year organized.
- Review/approve minutes-Minutes were accepted from March.
- 6:10-6:30 – VT Library Conference: Cammy went with Rebecca to the conference and
learned some new skills-such as how to build a strong relationship with town officials- Rebecca
went to a workshop on What a Library Trustee Should Know and be able to do…as a result of
this workshop-she want us-RFL Trustee- to focus on getting all minutes in order and published.
She also attended an Engaging Youth workshop that was not overly helpful.
-Review the five Trustee Offices and elect officers –We all agreed to keep same positions for
next year-‘we moved’ to accept the leadership structure-for next year-all in favor.
- 6:30-7:15 – Strategic Plans – Project finalization
- Prior to the meeting please look over the ‘summary’ that we discussed last month
and break down the items into three groups based on who needs to carry them out:
- Staff/ director projects
- Trustee projects
- Paid or skilled volunteer projects
-We discussed the summary of priorities that we developed and made a list of goals
and action steps going forward-Our main goal is to move forward with Space
-Vt Preservation Folks could come and look over our space-A space planner
assessment can be done by a professional.
-We first need to understand if there are any restrictions on the space-from the
original building project.
- 7:15-7:25 – Library Director Update
-E-book /digital workshop is offered 4-11-13-staff training at 4- then public-
-Baby Tea –set for-April 14th
-We had a good turnout for the fitness in your older years-
-Short Story reading program is going well
-Brendan Bucklass is our new hire to help for our Technology needs.
- 7:25-7:30 – Plan for next month and adjourn
May is Policy Month.
-for young families/babies-2012-birth year- meet and greet-