Richmond Free Library Trustee Meeting Minutes
Richmond Free Library
2. Review minutes- November 2012 minutes were accepted.
3. Community Room Policies – Continued
Reviewed and expanded Priority of Use decisions made in October. Changes to be in-line with the RFL strategic plan.
Which Groups are charged for Community Room use:
– No fee for town-run, public events (such as planning meetings)
– Town or library business/sponsored activities (support mission of town government or library strategic plan.)
– Non-profits charged cleaning fee.
– Political groups or membership organizations –charged a fee-by hour
– For profit activities such as classes – charged a fee-by hour
Charges associated with Community Room use:
-Private or commercial functions (including recitals or classes): $25/HOUR.
– Not for profit groups: $25 cleaning/maintenance fee.
-$15/hour for non-profit meetings of more than two hours.
-$25 for use of piano, in addition to hourly fees.
-Other use – fees will be determined by Library Director
How long can a ‘renter’ book the room?
We have done it for a maximum of 8 weeks per client. One idea is to run/manage the room following the seasons.
Community Room Use Ideas
-A local musician’s series would be a nice addition to the calendar?
-Another idea is to use the room for a business ‘showcase’ over the course of the year?
-Another idea is to us the room to host a technology series.
-We do have a movie license that could allow us to host movies.
( Rebecca will revise the Policy to include- the long range plan goals-at the heading.)
4. Financial Stuff
– Laurie reported back on conversation with Martha Lange about Friends and RFLD Inc.
-Voted to move the Piano Fund money into RFLD account and close Piano Fund.
– Edmunds Fund-and Shogau Fund-are two accounts we have to deal with. We get the interest of about -$110 a year from the Edmunds account.
-Budget updates: The town is going to give us $10,000 less than requested, but will roll 8k into the annual capital reserve. They are also going to give us the income from the charges earned from the library, about $5,000 per year. They reduced the salary line by 1% from an increase of 3% to only 2%.
6. Quick report on projects
– Painting-it is almost done! A letter will go out to him- asking him to do the final parts of the job-by 1-15-12- Job is not done!
– Natural gas-we are still working on getting a vendor- we have one bid for $2900-and are still after other bids. We have to ask three vendors-but do not have to get 3 bids!
– Holiday Market report out-all went well-
– Select board and budget decision – still not quite done.
– Strategic Plan implementation by staff-this is being worked on.
-Voted YES, to accept Richmond Rescue’s offer to donate AED Defibrillator for the Library. They will provide training.
7. January agenda items
-We might want to re-start the ‘flier’ that went into the local paper promoting the book sale and other outreach ideas.
-Do we want to do the Library Lawn Sale?
-Prepare for town meeting.
-Plan the volunteer brunch –(2-3-13)
-Prepare the town meeting report-Rebecca will start some drafting.
-Target specific area of the Long Range Plan-
8. 7:30 Meeting is adjourned