Richmond Free Library Trustee Meeting
Richmond Free Library
1. A toast to the strategic plan with snacks provided by Kristen-a big ‘hurrah’ for Kristen for all her leg work and energy to make this happen.
2. Review minutes-Approved
3. Quick report on projects
–Painting (Karen and Rebecca)-it is still being done. The cold is slowing up the process-but is close to finishing. He plans to finish in the weeks ahead.
– Holiday Market Planning (Scott)-it is a daylong event 9-3:30-Santa is here 10-noon. We will have a table set up in the library area downstairs to promote our new plan, We’ll have. some mugs ($5 and bags ($10) for sale along with a lap top to promote the Long Range Plan. We are planning on getting a 6 foot banner-with the webpage-Laurie will order this.
– Potential eReader opportunity (Cammy)-she had heard that 50 Nooks have been bought by the CESU district –and we might look into this as a possible purchase for our Library?
–KeyPads versus Keys to lock the building– Rebecca is hoping to reduce the number of keys that are in circulation. Installing a keypad- is an idea.
-Natural Gas for heating– we would like to go ahead with this conversion.The cost savings benefits are worth the change (savings of $2000 per year) Chuck’s (Manning’s) Heating-has given a ‘conversion’ estimate. We need to get two more bids. The line to the building is not charged-but we will have an access fee each month. VT gas will bring the line to the library
-Motion made: to convert to natural gas-vote-all in favor.
4. Strategic Plan Roll-out
– PR to date-Cammy has written a ‘press release’ and did a summary page.
– Plan for staff implementation-next Thursday Rebecca will meet with the staff and go over the next steps-review the Long Range Plan. We still want to make sure that the goals of the plan are ‘work-able’ for Rebecca
– How the Strategic Plan will be used long-term to inform Trustee decisions-We need to keep this in the front of our thinking as we plan our agendas.
5. Budget and Financials update
– Process Selectboard discussion of RFL budget proposal and decide on advocacy action if necessary. –Rebecca –shared an update- Reserve Funds-(presently we have 24K) and we will get another 8K for FY13. -as our yearly appropriation of funds for upkeep of the building-we will be at 32K-by June 30th. Our capital repairs funds- can come from anywhere in a budget-Items in a budget have to be connected to a fund.
– FY 14 budget needs to be reworked and re-submitted. Trustees agree to hold special meeting if necessary.
6. Community Room Policies –
– Review Priority of Use decisions made last month and expand.
First Priority-Library-run activities that are in line with the new plan should always take priority for the room use-free.
Second Priority-Town government events should have the next preference-free.
Third Priority-Non-profits are next in line. Keeping in mind that the use needs to be in-line with the plan.
Fourth Priority– for profit that benefits the strategic plans.
Fifth Priority-everyone else.
7. Meeting is adjourned-next meeting Dec. 6th.