Richmond Free Library Trustee Meeting
May 3, 2012
Richmond Free Library
1. 6-6:20 What are all those different pots of money? RFL financial overview presented by former Trustee and Treasurer, Martha Lange.
-History of the Treasurer reports-was reviewed by Martha …
-Early accounts were under the names of the trustees and the director.
-When the renovation project happened-a 5013c was set up for that purpose
-Development Inc. was set up-and Martha has the checkbook for that account. There is $10,000 in that account. We have elected Kristen Hayden West to be the director of this.
-In 2009 the ’Friends’ have an account that is connected with the town-and they moved that over to the 5013c
–Edmonds Trust– is an account that is set up as a will from 1936- $15,000-it was given to the town- and they interpreted that is was to be used for the library-the interest was the money to be used.
–Shonyon Account was a willed fund as will-and it earns less than $50.
-‘Library standards’ report is done each year.
2. 6:20-6:30 Review minutes from April and trustee greetings.
-April minutes were voted on and accepted.
-We shared our Library ‘exchanges’ we had over the month with town folks. We recognized that we really need to be cheerleaders for the Library.
-Rebecca presented copies of the survey for trustees to review-
3. 6:30-6:50 Library update by Rebecca
– Computers-we were given – 4 -almost new computers.-These came from the department of libraries. Two new ones are in the computer room.
– Plumbing-water heater split and leaked a bit…down the siding-and then into the office are-we lost a ceiling tile- no major damage. Dry Now- but we need to replace the water heater-that will come out of the maintenance account- less than $1000-is anticipated.
– Strategic plan-We have the data from the surveys that are in and we will review it.
-Painting –we need to get contractors to call Rebecca for bids.
-Employee evaluations are now on a different timeline- and we can use the town form that Kristen has.
4. 6:50-7:00 Reporting out on:
– Publicity – Cammy-wrote a letter to the Times Ink.
– Building upkeep – Karen-will talk with Rebecca to come up with plans.
5. 7:00-7:10 – Use of Community Room and fees- Rebecca wondered about the cost structure and how to set it up/or revise it. She wondered if people should be allowed to use the space as a long term class offering. We can look at different locations to see what they charge. (Below is the link that outlines the use of the room.)
6. 7:10-7:20 – Forth of July – Water and literature? We decided to not do the balloons- a tent with water and cold drinks for sale and try to promote library cards-will be the plan. We need to get water from VT Pure-buy one case get one free -4 cases- Scott will pick up water.
7. 7:20-7:30 – Tasks for the month and agenda items for June
-We need to get other trustees to join the Richmond Free Inc. board.
-Review the evaluation forms and work on the review of the director.
-Next month Rebecca will review the automation system-of our library.
-Kristen will check in with prior R.F INK members to see if they want to stay on or retire.
-Get painters to put in bids for the library-we can try to use the front porch forum to get bids by June
-Promotion of the CD collection is an idea.
-Plan for the 4th of July –flyer is an idea….
-Scott will secure a water deal
-Ideas are needed for the use-and costs- of the Community Room
**June 7 is the next meeting.
8. 7:30 –Meeting is adjourned